Shamrock Rovers remain on course for their first Premier Division title since 2011 as they now have an eight point lead. They beat Cork City 3-0 in Turner’s Cross. Aaron Greene scored two with Neil Farrugia getting the other. His first goal for the club since he joined from UCD last season. Second place side Bohemian FC were beaten 2-0 by Waterford in Dalymount Park.

Ali Coote and Tyreke Wilson got their goals. That was John Sheridan’s last game in charge of the Blues. He has gone back to England to take over as manager of League One side Wigan Athletic. Reigning champions Dundalk are in third. Their new manager Filippo Giovagnoli recording his first win in Oriel Park as his charges beat Shelbourne 3-2.

Michael Duffy, Brian Gartland and Greg Sloggett with their goals. Daniel Byrne and George Poynton scored for Shels. The remaining two games in the division were both goal-less draws. Sligo Rovers got their first draw of the season against St. Patrick’s Athletic in Richmond Park. St. Pat’s were denied twice by the woodwork. Robbie Benson and Chris Forrester going close.

Rovers also finished with ten as Niall Morahan was sent off in stoppage time. The North West derby between Finn Harps and Derry City also finished in a stalemate in Finn Park. Bray Wanderers continue to lead the First Division. They won 3-1 away against Wexford in Ferrycarrig. Gary Shaw, Sean McEvoy and Darragh Lynch with the goals. Karl Fitzsimons scored for Wexford.

Drogheda remain second. They drew 1-1 away against fourth place side Longford Town. Jordan Adeyemo scoring for Drogheda and Rob Manley for Longford. Free scoring UCD are up to third. They beat Cobh Ramblers 6-0 in St. Colman’s Park. Yousef Mahdy and Colm Whelan both got two apiece. Liam Kerrigan got one and the other was an own goal from Ben O’Riordan. Cobh did play the majority of the game with ten men as John Kavanagh was sent off in the 37th minute.

Cabinteely have dropped to 5th. They were held to a 1-1 draw by Athlone Town in Stradbrook. Christian Lotefa with their goal while Ronan Manning scored for Athlone. Galway United made it two wins in a row under new manager John Caulfield. They beat Shamrock Rovers II 2-1 in Eamon Deasy Park. Shane Duggan and Kevin Farragher scored for the home side. Michael Leddy got the goal for Shamrock.