For the third time this season Bohemian FC have beaten Shamrock Rovers in the Dublin Derby. With Dundalk not playing this game had provided a chance for Shamrock to make some ground on them. It wasn’t to be as Bohs won 2-1 in Dalymount Park with Daniel Mandroiu getting both of their goals; he also missed a penalty in the game. Daniel Carr scored in-between those goals for Shamrock.

Finn Harps remain bottom of the Premier Division as they were beaten 1-0 by St. Patricks Athletic in Richmond Park. Jake Walker with the game’s only goal seven minutes from time. There was only one other game played in the top flight over the weekend and that was in the Showgrounds.

Sligo Rovers welcomed Cork City and the sides played out an entertaining 1-1 draw. Graham Cummins gave Cork the lead with Ronan Coughlan levelling for Rovers. After the game Rovers announced that talented right-back Lewis Banks had extended his contract to the end of 2020.

In the clash of two of the in-form sides in the First Division, leaders Shelbourne welcomed Drogheda United to Tolka Park. Drogheda came into the game on the back of four wins in a row. But Shels put an end to that run as they won 2-1. Ciaran Kilduff with both of their goals.

It was a good weekend for Shels as second place side Longford Town were beaten 3-2 by Bray Wanderers in the Carlisle Grounds. Derek Daly, Killian Cantwell and Hugh Douglas with the goals for Bray. Douglas getting the winner in the 93rd minute.

Limerick missed out on the chance to take advantage of that defeat as they played out a goalless draw with an ever-improving Wexford in Ferrycarrig. Cabinteely were also held to a draw as their game with Athlone Town in the Athlone Town Stadium finished in a 2-2 draw. Limerick and Cabinteely are now both on 29  points.

The remaining game was in St. Colman’s Park as Cobh Ramblers welcomed Galway United. Cobh won 2-1 as Galway continue to struggle for form. Denzil Fernandes and Jaze Kabia scored for Cobh with Stephen Walsh scoring for Galway.

The big news came after the game when Cobh announced that their manager Stephen Henderson had resigned. Henderson had felt that he had gone as far as he could go with the club and his contribution in helping the club re-establish itself in the League will always be remembered by supporters.