There were plenty of goals over the weekend in the Premier Division of the SSE Airtricity League. None more so than in the game between Bohemian FC and UCD in Dalymount Park. Bohs setting a new club record as they beat the Students 10-1 to move into third in the table. Danny Madriou got three with Andre Wright hitting four.

Conor Levingston, Daniel Grant and Ross Tierney all got a goal apiece. Jason McClelland pulled a goal back at the death for UCD. Leaders Dundalk put their European disappointment behind them by beating Finn Harps 5-0 in Oriel Park. Harps recent good run of form coming to a crashing halt. Patrick McEleney scoring twice with Daniel Kelly, Georgie Kelly and Jamie McGrath getting the others.

Harps played most of the game with ten men as Mark Russell was sent off in the 40th minute. Shamrock Rovers remain second as they won 2-0 away against Derry City. Their first was an own goal from Aaron McEneff and the second was from Aaron Greene. After the game Shamrock manager Stephen Bradley confirmed that their striker Daniel Carr is to sign for Cypriot side Apollon Nicosia who had beaten them in the Europa League.

Cork City took advantage of both UCD and Finn Harps being beaten by winning 2-1 away against Munster rivals Waterford FC in the Regional Sports Centre. Conor McCarthy and Mark O’Sullivan with their goals. J.J. Lunney pulled a goal back late on for the home side. After achieving a record win last week against Glebe North in the FAI Cup it was back to reality this week for Sligo Rovers.

They were beaten 2-1 by St. Patrick’s Athletic in Richmond Park. Romeo Parkes had given them the lead but goals in the second half from first Glen McAuley and then Dave Webster gave the home side the win. There was little doubt about the big game in the First Division as the leaders Shelbourne travelled to the City Calling Stadium to take on second-place side Longford Town.

Shelbourne showed their mettle as they won 2-0. Denzil Fernandes and Greg Moorhouse with the goals. Shels are now just one win away from automatic promotion and with it the league title. Drogheda United are back in second place after their emphatic 6-0 win against Wexford FC in United Park. Despite losing 1-0 against Galway United in Stradbrook, Cabinteely remain in the last of the play-off places.

Elsewhere Bray Wanderers came from behind to draw 3-3 with Cobh Ramblers in the Carlisle Grounds. Limerick FC also drew, their game with Athlone Town finished 1-1 in the Markets Field. The second semi-final of the EA Sports Cup was played in Oriel Park last night.

Dundalk welcoming Bohemian FC. They picked up from where they left against Finn Harps as they won 6-1. Patrick Hoban with four of their goals. Daniel Kelly and Patrick McEleney with the others. Ross Tierney with a consolation goal for Bohs. Dundalk will now play Derry in the final.