Dundalk look to be in ominous form as the Premier Division leaders beat bottom of the league Bray Wanderers 5-0 in Oriel Park. The inform Pat Hoban scored two with Dylan Connolly, Jamie McGrath and Marco Tagbajumi with the other goals. Bray’s Andrew McGovern was stretchered off during the game with what was later confirmed as a broken leg.

Cork City remain second as they won 3-1 in Richmond Park against St. Patrick’s Athletic. Kieran Sadlier scored two – their first and the third – with Jimmy Keohane getting their second. Conan Byrne scored for St. Pat’s who have now lost their last two games.

Waterford FC are still in third and they put some space between the sides chasing them as they defeated Derry City 4-0 in the Regional Sports Centre. Rory Feely, Ismahil Akinade, Sander Puri and Stanley Aborah with the goals.

Bohemian FC and Shamrock Rovers played out a 1-1 draw in front of a sell-out crowd in Dalymount Park. The goals came late as Ronan Finn gave Shamrock the lead in the 83rd minute with Dan Casey equalising for Bohs five minutes later.

Sligo Rovers played out their second successive home goal-less draw, this week against Limerick FC in the Showgrounds. This means that they have failed to score in seven of their eleven home games so far this season and have only scored once in their last four league matches. They also finished with ten as John Mahon was sent off for picking up two yellow cards in the second half. It was the last game for Calum Waters who was on loan from Scottish Premier League side Kilmarnock, he was returned to his club.


In the First Division current leaders UCD were beaten 2-0 in Stradbrook by their South Dublin neighbours Cabinteely FC. Jack Watson and Luke Clucas with the goals for Cabo. Drogheda United are now only two points behind in second as they won 1-0 away against third place side Galway United in Eamon Deacy Park. Sean Brennan with the game’s only goal fifteen minutes from time.

Shelbourne are up to fourth after they won 3-0 away against Cobh Ramblers in St. Colman’s Park. James English scored the first two with James Brown getting the third.

Finn Harps drop to fifth after they surprisingly drew 1-1 away against second from bottom side Wexford FC in Ferrycarrig Park. Former Celtic player Paddy McCourt gave them the lead in the 67th minute only for Dean Kelly to earn a point for the home side as he scored in the 80th minute.

Another side frustrated to take only a point from their game were Longford Town. They drew 1-1 with bottom side Athlone Town in the Midlands Derby which was played in the Athlone Town Stadium. The home side took the lead through Aaron Brilly in the 20th minute with Chris Mulhall levelling the game just after the hour mark. He was then sent off six minutes after scoring as Athlone picked up only their second point of the season.